Thursday, April 28, 2016

We Can Make A Difference

     Today in ELA, we talked about a girl that has been raising money by selling lemonade to buy crayons for people in her brothers hospital. The main focus of the article is that we can all make a difference. 
     I think we can make a change in this world by showing what you believe to others. Something that I strongly believe in are to end gender roles. A gender role is rules that society gives to each gender, such as only boys can play sports and only girls can wear makeup. I believe gender roles should end since I want equality in this world, and how can we have equality if gender roles still exist? I can make a difference by not supporting gender roles, and to help other people's voices be heard. 
     One of my favorite quotes is by Ghandi, and it says, "Be the change you wish to see in this world." This shows me that I can't expect change if I'm not part of the change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment