Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Character Analysis On The Future Of Us

     I have been reading The Future Of Us for a while now, and I have been loving it! It includes a lot of conflict in this story, and it makes you want to read more and more. In the book, there are two main characters named Emma and Josh. I believe Emma is the type that falls for everything. Throughout the book, Emma is the first to believe the Facebook page truly told the future. On page 43, it says "When you say 'the people who created this,' don't you get it? At some point in the future, we created it. I don't know exactly what it is, but it looks like interconnected websites where people show their photos and write about everything going on in their lives, like whether they found a parking spot or what they ate for breakfast." This is showing how she strongly believes in this website, and brings in proof for Josh to believes. I believe Emma is gullible based on this information. 
     The other character in this book is Josh, who is Emma's neighbor. They have been friends for a long time. Josh is the type who goes with what's right, and asks for someone else's decision to complete his decisions. He doesn't fall for things as quickly as Emma does. On page 80, it says, "Are you still skeptical?" Emma asks. "I'm just...I want to..." I want to be skeptical. I need to skeptical. But this rush of impossible information is almost too much." This shows how Josh doesn't want to believe it since it's impossible to create the future that's going to happen on 15 years. 
    I really like this book, and I can't wait to read more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment